Sailor’s knot T-shirt headband
This last one looks a little more complicated, but it’s actually a super-simple knot called a sailor’s knot. I used a men’s striped T-shirt for a slightly nautical flair.
Cut either 2 or 4 strips depending on how thick you want your knot. I doubled my strips for a nice chunky look.
Pull hard on the strips to turn your fabric into “yarn.”
Now make your sailor’s knot. Follow this diagram starting from the top left.
How to tie a sailor’s knot:
1. Make a loop with 1 strip and then lay the second strip like a smiley face on top.
2. Put the right end of the smiley under the leg of the loop.
3. Take the left side of the smiley and cross it under the top loop.
4. Take the right side of the smiley and loop it under just the bottom yarn under the top loop.
5. Now pull all 4 strands at the same time to tighten your sailor’s knot.
Check the fit, then trim the ends to the correct length and fold them over a ponytail elastic.
Sew them by hand or machine to secure.
This pretty little sailor’s knot will make any hairdo look smart.