Step 1: Spray-paint
For Benny, paint the LEGO body, bowl and 1 sheet of poster paper blue. You will also need 1/2 a sheet of yellow poster paper.
Step 2: Paint the remaining details
Use this template as a guide for painting the symbol on Benny’s suit.
Step 3: Make the head
Benny’s head is a bit different from the others because of the astronaut helmet. To make his helmet, start by cutting your blue poster paper into uniform sizes (2 pieces at 12 x 24 inches, 2 pieces at 12 x 6). Then cut 1 sheet of yellow poster paper 12 x 18 inches.
- On 1 sheet of blue 12 x 24-inch paper, use the lid of a Tupperware container to trace the shape for the helmet opening. Cut out the shape with scissors.
- Next, place your yellow 12 x 18-inch paper behind the blue piece you’ve just cut. Center it, and then use this template to trace Benny’s facial features onto the paper.
- Cut the eyeholes, and use acrylic paint and black Magic Marker to fill in Benny’s facial features.
- Glue the yellow poster paper to the back of the blue poster paper so that Benny’s face peeks out from the helmet opening.
- Place mesh fabric behind the eyeholes, and complete the construction of the head in the same way as was outlined in the How to make Emmet tutorial.
How to make the other characters