The star of The Vampire Diaries and Let’s Be Cops showed off her braiding know-how in what her stylist Riawna Capri calls “The Red Carpet Rope Braid.” Paired with a sultry smoky eye and a technicolor crop top and shorts combo, Nina’s unique braid looked summery, polished and sassy.
Now it’s time for you to try your hand at Nina’s cool style. We got the scoop from Riawna (Nine Zero One Salon) on how to achieve this hair masterpiece.
Photo credit: Steve Granitz/WireImage/Getty Images
Get the look
- Start by blow drying locks using KMS California FREESHAPE Quick Blow Dry to cut down on drying time and leave more time to style your pretty braid.
- After hair is all dry, spritz strands with KMS California FREESHAPE 2-in-1 Styling and Finishing Spray before curling with a 1-inch curling iron in big vertical sections. This technique will give you a nice, messy beach wave.
- Flip your head over now and spray locks with a generous dose of KMS HAIRPLAY Playable Texture. You want to saturate the hair and create a cool disheveled texture.
- Now it’s time to braid! To create the rope braid, start by separating hair into 3 sections. Next, twist them clockwise and braid these twisted sections counterclockwise “to showcase distinct texture,” Capri says.
- Spread out the braid and pull out some loose pieces to frame your face and achieve an effortless look now.
- Finish with a blast of KMS California HAIRSTAY Medium Hold Hairspray to make sure your ‘do stays put all night long.