DIY exfoliating lavender hand soap
Exfoliating your hands keeps them looking and feeling fantastic, and the scent of lavender is known to be calming and relaxing. But did you know that creating an exfoliating hand scrub is simple and very inexpensive? Let me show you how.
Are you looking for a simple handmade gift, or do you want to pamper yourself a little bit? I'm Kelly Dixon from Smart School House, and I'm going to show you how to make some luscious exfoliating lavender hand soap. It will leave your skin clean, soft and oh-so pretty!
- Pretty Mason jar
- White sugar
- Dried lavender
- Lavender-scented hand soap or unscented hand soap (lavender hand soap can be found at a grocery store or craft store)
- Place some dried lavender in a blender and blend it up until it is fine and soft. (Warning: This process will leave your whole kitchen smelling so good!)
- In a bowl, combine 1 part lavender hand soap with 4 parts white sugar. Note: The amount you use will depend on how much you want to make and how you want the exfoliating soap to feel. If you prefer a fluffier exfoliating hand soap, simply add more sugar. If you prefer a smoother hand soap, then add a bit more liquid soap to the mixture. You can't go wrong!
- Optional: If you want your exfoliating lavender soap to be purple, combine food coloring in a separate bowl (6 drops of red and 4 drops of blue to make purple). In tiny amounts, add the purple food coloring to the sugar-and-soap mixture until the mixture has a beautiful purple hue.
- Once the sugar and soap are mixed together, add a tablespoon of blended lavender. Combine the lavender with the sugar-and-soap mixture.
- Pour the exfoliating lavender hand soap into a pretty Mason jar. Tie some twine around the jar and you've made a gorgeous homemade gift.
- Embellish the top with more of your dried lavender (blended or not, it's up to you!)
How easy is that?
Tip: Some craft stores sell dried lavender, which makes this DIY project even more convenient.
See also Sleepy Baby Lavender Sugar Scrub