Bella Thorne has a lot of hair know-how for a 16-year-old, and we’re totally gushing over her latest voluminous blowout.
Eager to recreate it, we turned to Fernando Salas, creator of White Sands Hair Care, to get the step-by-step tips for doing just that. Have fun styling, ladies!
Get the look
“Bella’s look is playful with a sultry peekaboo feel thanks to her side sweeping layers. It is a perfect example of using your haircut to play up volume and movement. The great news is you can recreate this look in a few easy steps and without a curling iron!” Fernando says.
- To begin, try a pin curl set to create large barrel waves. Working with slightly damp hair, work in a heat protectant, brush through and loosely gather your hair into a ponytail. It is best secured near the crown of your head. Use a loose tie like a soft cotton scrunchie to ensure you do not create a dent.
- Taking a 2-inch section (the larger the section, the looser the wave), wrap this hair around 2 fingers to create a curl, using a large bobby pin to secure at the base of the ponytail. Repeat until entire head is complete. The end result will look like a looped bun.
- Direct the heat of your blow dryer on the set for 4 to 5 minutes and let cool. This is a great time to do your makeup and get dressed.
- Next, take out each curl and the elastic, using a wide tooth comb to loosely break up the curls.
- To finish, mist White Sands Liquid Texture Firm Hold Styling Spray at the root for instant lift. To apply, simply section hair the opposite way you plan to wear this deep side part. If you want to go to the left, try a deep side part to the right when applying the spray. This way, when you flip your hair back and over, it will have more volume.
- To seal the style, finish off with a flexible hold, shine enhancing hairspray like White Sands Infinity.
More ‘dos we adore
Jennifer Lopez’s half updo
Julianne Hough’s cute pixie updo
Amanda Seyfried’s twisted ponytail
Leave a Comment