Declare your independence from boring holiday decorations. This year, make this bunting that features words from the Declaration of Independence to decorate your home for the Fourth of July.
Use this Declaration of Independence bunting to decorate your barbecue or party this year. You can make it yourself, or have the kids help trace, cut and write on the banner.
Declaration of Independence bunting
To make your Declaration of Independence patriotic bunting, you will need:
- Red, white and blue cardstock
- Patriotic ribbon
- Black marker
- School glue
- Hot Glue
- Graph paper
1. Make the pennant template using white cardstock or graph paper. The pennant should be 6-inches wide and 8-inches tall.
2. Cut out the template, and trace onto the red and blue cardstock. You will need 3 red and 3 blue triangles. Cut out extra in case you make a mistake.
3. With your pencil, lightly draw 4 lines on the pennants. The first should be 1/2 inch from the top. The other lines should be 1 inch apart.
4. With your pencil, lightly write out the words. This will help you determine the spacing. Then trace over your penciled-in words with the black marker.
The words for each pennant are as follows:
(Red) We hold these truths to be self-evident,
(Blue) that all men are created equal,
(Red) that they are endowed by their Creator
(Blue) with certain unalienable Rights,
(Red) that among these are Life, Liberty
(Blue) and the pursuit of Happiness.
5. Erase all pencil lines.
6. Make a star template. Trace 6 stars onto white cardstock.
7. Cut out the stars. Glue one star onto the bottom of each pennant using school glue.
8. Using hot glue, glue the ribbon to the top of the pennants, leaving about 1 inch of space between each pennant.
9. Hang your pennant and enjoy your Independence Day celebration!