Hollywood’s A-listers stepped out in major style to celebrate the much-anticipated Met Gala in New York City last night. We spotted Claire Danes sporting a pretty updo and got the scoop on the ‘do straight from her stylist.
This year’s “White Tie & Decorations” Met Gala theme was inspired by Charles James, so celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler (for Moroccanoil) molded actress Claire Danes’ hair into a soft updo to complement her strapless Oscar de la Renta gown. The hairstyle itself was inspired by Charles James’ iconic haute couture evening gowns, and is actually pretty easy to recreate yourself. Find out how.
Get the look
- Start with damp hair and apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse from root to tip to get great crown volume and overall bounce.
- Blow dry your hair using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush 35mm and your blow dryer of choice.
- Now it’s time to curl. Use a 1.5-inch barrel iron to curl 1-inch sections around the entire head. Before doing so, make sure to apply Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection to each section to protect locks and keep hair shiny and healthy.
- After curls have cooled, create a deep side part and finger comb hair into a super low ponytail, keeping hair loose (not taut). Secure your ponytail with an elastic.
- Now, wrap your entire ponytail into a knot, pulling the end of the ponytail through. Tuck the end under and secure the entire knot with pins.
- Finish off your look by lightly pulling out face-framing pieces and spritzing with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine.