Hollywood’s A-listers stepped out in major style to celebrate the much-anticipated Met Gala in New York City last night. We spotted Blake Lively sporting the most incredible shiny waves and got the scoop on the ‘do straight from her stylist.
We’re always excited to see what the lovely Blake Lively will do with her hair and makeup at any red carpet event and last night, our anticipation was a bit higher than usual with the Met Gala. Lucky for us, Blake didn’t disappoint. The actress hit the carpet with her best accessory (hubby Ryan Reynolds) in a metallic Gucci gown that hugged her curves in all the right places. To complement the gown, her hairstylist Rod Ortega of Solo Artists created what he described as a “modern day take on [a] Joan Crawford Victory Roll” hairstyle for Blake.
Get the look
- Start your look with wet hair. Use the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer and T3 Anti-Gravity 2.5-inch Barrel Brush to create texture and movement while blow drying your locks. These two products will also give your roots a nice boost.
- After you’ve dried your hair, start at the nape of the neck and curl locks with the T3 1.25-inch SinglePass Twirl Curling Iron. After curling, finger-roll each section into a pin curl. Expert tip: To avoid nasty tangles, start from the nape of the neck working up to the top.
- Once pin curls are set and cooled, flip your hair over and create deep waves by brushing with the T3 Paddle Brush. After doing so, flip the hair back up and brush from your part down to the roots.
- Now it’s time to add a little spray. Hit locks with a light hold hairspray but keep your touch light so locks are still light and have movement.
- On the side where you deep parted your hair, take a small section of hair from the front and roll the hair around your finger, working toward the back and finishing up behind the ear. Secure this small section with bobby pins to create what Rod calls a “Joan Crawford-esque” Victory Roll on one side of your head.
- Finish the look off with a coating of light hold hairspray.