Grow your own kiwi plant by following these simple steps:
- Purchase a healthy-looking kiwi at a supermarket.
- Cut the kiwi in half and remove its black seeds.
- Put the seeds in water to separate them from their membranes.
- Blend the water/seed mixture on low for 20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture, and rinse and place the seeds on a paper towel.
- Lightly spray the paper towel with water and place it in a plastic bag.
- Once the seeds have sprouted (one to three weeks), plant them in mini pea pots.
- Cover the pots with plastic bags and wait three weeks.
- Separate the plants as they grow.
- Feed the plants starter fertilizer when they begin to grow leaves.
In order to grow fruit, you will need a male and female plant, which you will be able to identify once the plants flower. It will take two to three seasons before the plants will produce fruit. Each plant can produce up to 200 pounds of fruit!