This DIY minty moisturizing foot scrub can help get your feet in tip-top flip-flop shape for sandal season.
Peppermint essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties, meaning it can help alleviate sore muscles (high heels or workout wear, anyone?). The sugar will help just where your feet need it — think dry heels and toes — and works to eliminate dry skin. The added olive oil will help moisturize your skin.
This scrub may be a bit slippery in the bathtub or sink due to the oil. Take care not to slip, and rinse any remaining oil away from your bathroom surface when you’re finished. Use a spoon to mix the scrub before using it, and store it in a cool spot with a lid on top. Use within a few days, as the sugar will begin to dissolve.
DIY minty moisturizing foot scrub
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (you could also use baby oil)
- 10-15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 wide-mouth jar with a lid
- Mix the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to your container and secure it with the lid.
- Use it sitting on the edge of your tub or a sink. Wet your feet, then scoop up some of the scrub with your fingers or a spoon, and gently massage it over your feet (especially your heels) in a circular motion.
- Rinse well when finished.