What better way to slough off dry skin from your arms and legs than with an invigorating and simple DIY grapefruit and thyme sugar scrub?
The fragrance of this DIY grapefruit and thyme sugar scrub is light and fresh, and it’s a breeze to make. The sugar acts as an exfoliator, and the olive oil in the mix will help moisturize your skin. Thyme is said to have antiseptic qualities, making it a nice addition in a skin cleanser, and its fragrance is said to help boost the mind, body and spirit. Grapefruit essential oil is also known to help lift your mood. What a great combo to start your day and to help get your skin glowing.
Before you apply the scrub to your body, first test it on your inner arm, where your skin is more sensitive, to help ensure you can tolerate the ingredients. Make sure your arm is slightly wet first.
This scrub may be a bit slippery in the shower or tub due to the oil. Take care not to slip, and rinse any remaining oil from the bottom of your tub or shower when you’re finished. Use a spoon to mix the scrub before using it, and store it in a cool spot with a lid on. Use within five days.
DIY grapefruit and thyme sugar scrub
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup olive oil (you could also use sweet almond oil)
- 10-15 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- A wide-mouth glass container with a lid (large enough to hold about 1 cup of the sugar mixture)
- Mix the ingredients together in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to your container and secure it with the lid.
- Use it in the shower or bath, while your body is wet. Scoop up some of the scrub with your fingers or a spoon, and gently massage it over your arms, legs and shoulders in a circular motion.
- Rinse well when finished.
- Use within 5 days.
What a great way to start the day.