Cate Blanchett is the epitome of red carpet classic beauty. Her perfect skin and gorgeous features lend themselves quite well to simple and dramatic makeup looks alike. We’ve got the scoop on her Oscars makeup straight from her makeup artist, Jeanine Lobell!
Photo credit: Jeff Vespa//WireImage/Getty Images
“We were inspired by classic, old Hollywood and wanted to give Cate a look that will be timeless,” Lobell said.
Get the look
- Start with a base eye shadow. Lobell used the warm taupe shade from Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad #2 Effeto Nudo all over the lids.
- Next, she used the deeper taupe shade on the lids and feathered it into the creases. Doing so helped to open up the eyes.
- Lobell then mixed the light brown and deeper taupe shades and applied to the outer crease and the center.
- The darkest brown shade was applied wet and used as a liner.
- To give that wide-eyed effect, Lobell used the Troy Surratt Lash Curler.
- For the lashes, Lobell cut a strip of false lashes and applied them to the corner of the eyes. She then applied Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara to the base of the lashes and pressed it in a bit.
- She finished off the look with Make Up Forever Brow Gel.
- Before applying foundation, Lobell patted SK-II Facial Treatment Essence into Blanchett’s skin so she could use a more lightweight foundation and also to make sure the foundation would stay put all night long.
- Next, Lobell brushed Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10 Beige onto the apples of Blanchett’s cheeks. She feathered it out a bit before applying a second coat to give a natural glow.
- To finish the look, Lobell turned to Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #103.