Naomi Watts always merges edge and glamour with her red carpet looks. We’ve got the scoop on her Oscars makeup straight from her makeup artist, Matthew VanLeeuwen!
Photo credit: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic/Getty Images
To go along with her beautifully-detailed Calvin Klein Collection gown, Naomi Watts opted for a bold lip and soft eyes. Her makeup artist, Matthew VanLeeuwen, created the lilac eye and plum lip using Lancôme and Giorgio Armani products.
Get the look
- Start off by applying the base shade in Lancôme’s Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Plum Splendor all over the lids.
- Then, layering the palest lilac shade on top of your base shade, blend the lilac and beige shades together in order to create a nice pale lid.
- Next, dot your dark plum liner in between each lash to add some depth and dimension to your eyes. Product used: Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl in Black Coffee.
- Finish off with a generous coating of mascara. VanLeeuwen layered Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara over Lancôme Cils Booster XL.
- Start off by prepping your skin for makeup. VanLeeuwen used Giorgio Armani Crema Nera Extrema Serum on Watts’ skin.
- Even out your skin tone with the new Lancôme Le Correcteur Pro in 300 Bisque and Giorgio Armani Maestro Cream Compact Foundation #4.
- Give the cheeks a nice red carpet glow with a bit of blush. VanLeeuwen used Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10.
- To get Watts’ amazing lip color, use a combination of Giorgio Armani #7 Smooth Silk Lip Pencil and Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #502 Scarlatto.
More Oscars beauty
Our favorite Oscars beauty looks of all time
2014 Oscars beauty report: The best looks of the night
Watch the Oscars red carpet live