We have a total crush on Cate Blanchett’s chic ‘do. Find out why in this week’s installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Is there ever a time when Cate Blanchett doesn’t look red carpet worthy? I think not. This award season, the actress has wowed me with look after stunning look and I’ve taken some major hair inspiration from her red carpet beauty parade. One look I still can’t get over? This sleek faux bob.
Inspired by Grace Kelly’s classic hair, stylist Robert Vetica created Cate’s sleek look using Vidal Sassoon Pro Series products. Lucky for us, he’s sharing his tips for scoring her style at home. Have fun, ladies!
Get the look
- Start off by prepping damp hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse. Apply the product throughout the hair for great lift and hold.
- Next, form a low side part. Starting in the back, use a medium boar bristle round brush and blow dry your hair down and away from the face, keeping it flat. To help shape your style and give it a bit of extra hold, apply a bit more mousse to the front of your hair.
- After hair is all dry, spritz Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to protect hair before you curl it. Using your favorite 3/4-inch curling iron, take hair in the back of your head, separate it into 2-inch sections and curl. Editor’s note: For sexy, soft curls, try some easy rollers like Remington’s Ultimate Stylist Big and Bouncy Styler.
- Let your curls cool for a bit then backcomb to create texture. Roll locks up into an “underwrap” style, pinning the look into place. After all the hair has been rolled and pinned, pull a few random pieces of hair from the “underwrap” to give your style a natural look with a touch of texture.
- Finish your look with a bit of spray (Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray) to give it long-lasting hold.