What a fantastic gift these easy DIY soaps make! Not only are they pretty, they smell great and are good for your skin, too. Double up on these pretty pink bars and keep a few for yourself!
Homemade soap can be a fun project with squeaky clean results! This DIY pink peppermint glycerin soap is great as a gift for your loved ones (but be sure to keep a few for yourself). This could be one of the easiest ways to make soap that you’ll come across. It’s as easy as melting, stirring, pouring and waiting for your pretty soap to solidify.
Glycerin soap is super-moisturizing and if you find the right type, it can be all-natural without any harsh or man-made ingredients. I found a bag of glycerin chunks, as well as the plastic molds, at a local craft store.
I added a little color for a pretty pink tint and pure peppermint essential oil (optional) for a fresh fragrance that can help give you a bit of an energy boost to start your day!
Here’s a fun optional idea
Crush up four to six small candy canes or hard peppermint candies. Follow the soap-making instructions below, but when the soap has solidified (but not completely), sprinkle the crushed candy over the bottoms of the soap while still in the molds. Press down very gently. Allow the soap to continue to harden completely before removing from the molds.
DIY pink peppermint glycerin soap
- 4 (3-ounce) plastic molds
- 12 ounces pure solid glycerin chunks
- 1-1/2 drops red food coloring
- 20 drops pure peppermint essential oil (optional)
- Microwave-safe glass bowl with a spout
- Plastic spoon
- Place the plastic molds on a flat, heat-proof surface close to where you’ll be working. Be sure you can keep them in this same spot, undisturbed, for an hour or a bit more.
- Add the glycerin chunks to the glass bowl, 3 to 4 at a time. Microwave in increments of about 40 seconds, remove and stir with the plastic spoon. You can help the melting process by swirling the chunks around with the spoon before continuing to microwave.
- Continue until all the chunks are completely melted.
- Add the food coloring and stir.
- Add the essential oil and stir.
- Carefully pour the melted mixture into each mold, to the very top. Allow the soap to remain in the same spot without moving them.
- When the soap has completely solidified, pop them from the molds and package them in a cellophane bag, or wrapped in tissue paper.
Get squeaky clean!