We have a total crush on Britney Spears’ chic ‘do. Find out why in this week’s installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Britney’s back, baby! The singer is sitting pretty on a two year contract in Vegas and recently released a new album. Oh yeah, and she’s been stepping up her style game! I spotted Brit sporting this gorgeous braided half updo and am dying to try it out myself. Aussie celebrity stylist Sarah Potempa is offering tips for scoring Brit’s cute style. Have fun styling, ladies!
Get the look
- Start by prepping damp hair with a product to add volume, like Aussie’s Aussome Volume Styling Mousse. Apply to the root and loosely blow dry upward to lock in the volume.
- Use a curling iron like the Beachwaver (select L or R and the iron rotates to curl for you!) to create soft waves throughout. If you don’t have a Beachwaver, the key to good loose waves is to wrap the hair around the curling iron and away from your face (to avoid tight banana curls).
- Section your hair to create a side swept bang and using the mini styling brush, back brush the roots of the top layer of your hair to add extra volume. Spritz with Aussie’s Aussome Volume Hairspray to lock in place.
- Pull half of your hair up and secure with a clear elastic. Tip: To hide these elastics like Britney did, wrap a small amount of hair around the elastic and secure with a mini bobby pin.
- Braid the half-up hair and secure the ends with another clear elastic. Pull the braid open on the sides to create a looser, cooler texture.