50 Black Friday deals you'll want to jump on early
Black Friday is the busiest and best shopping day of the year. That's why we wanted to give you the heads-up on these fantastic deals for Black Friday, 2013.
No matter what you need, there's a deal to be had for everyone this Black Friday.
With a little help from our friends at FatWallet.com plus some other tips, we've got the scoop on some of the best savings you'll get on the biggest shopping day of the year.
Tablets & smartphones
Tablets and smartphones are always popular requests this time of year. Some of the most popular choices just don't have that much markup, so great deals are hard to find — which is why a load of retailers are opting to add gift cards as extra incentive to choose them.
- Apple iPad Mini 16GB with Wi-Fi, plus $100 gift card (Walmart, $299)
- Apple iPad Air 16GB Wi-Fi, plus $100 gift card (Target, $379 and up)
- Kindle Fire HD 7-inch 16GB (Best Buy, $100)
- New Kindle Fire HDX 7-inch plus $40 off next purchase (Meijer, $139)
- iPhone 5s plus a $45 gift card (Walmart, $189 with two-year AT&T agreement)
- iPhone 5c plus a $75 gift card (Walmart, $45 with two-year AT&T agreement)
- HTC One 32GB smartphone (Best Buy, $30 with two-year Sprint/Verizon agreement)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (Best Buy, free with two-year agreement)
If you're in the market for a new laptop, now's the time. While it may not be a gift you'd get just anyone, if it's necessary for work or school, you can't beat the Black Friday pricing.
- MacBook Air or MacBook Pro with Retina Display 15.4-inch (Best Buy, $150 off)
- HP Pavilion 14-inch TouchSmart Laptop (Best Buy, $278)
- HP Pavilion 15.6-inch TouchSmart Laptop (Office Depot, $500)
It's still our opinion that, overall, 1080p isn't strictly necessary. Unless you have great vision or are a serious gamer, you probably won't notice. That said, it does deal with action better if the video or game you're playing supports it, so why not upgrade when the prices are so good?
- Element 50-inch 1080p LED HDTV (Target, $299)
- VIZIO Razor LED 70-inch 1080p 120Hz (Sam's Club, $998)
- LG 55-inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Best Buy, $500)
- Samsung 46-inch 1080p 120Hz LED 3-D HDTV with 3-D Wi-Fi Blu-Ray player (BJ's Wholesale Club, $580)