Herringbone and Greek key
While you can refer to herringbone as chevron, it nonetheless takes a traditional approach to the zigzag pattern. Its style as a whole has completely evolved throughout modern times, offering a more playful approach to its design. One great pattern to pair up with herringbone is the Greek key that’s also known for its classic style. When decorating for winter, try to use deep hues that are rich in tone.
- Herringbone rug (West Elm, $49-$599)
- Greek key pillow (Bellacor, $62)
- Herringbone throw (Lands’ End, $50)
- Greek key stool (Jonathan Adler, $325)
Argyle and stripes
Argyle is just one of those patterns that work perfectly with winter. Geometric in composition, this checkered beauty is extremely captivating. Should you want to partner it with another pattern, try stripes, as they will help to create balance. When choosing your colors, stay away from pastels and whites, as they reflect spring-like weather.
- Rug (Ikea, $299)
- Fleece throws (HSN, $30)
- Pillowcase (Etsy, $42)
- Lamp (Lamps Plus, $150)
Quatrefoil and honeycomb
Floral may not be popular during the winter months, but that doesn’t mean you can’t incorporate it into your abode by using quatrefoil. This pattern boasts an abstract floral form that is perfect year round. Complement it with honeycomb textiles that feature a loose pattern of abstract form.
- Honeycomb rug (West Elm, $129-$849)
- Metallic quatrefoil pillow (Ballard Designs, $60)
- Pouf (Home Decorators Collection, $249)
- Quatrefoil decorative pillow (JCPenney, $35)
Damask and scroll
Those who enjoy elegant statements around the home should consider damask and scroll patterns. Both have a traditional style and design that is heavy in movement and weight for the winter months. As both tend to incorporate a single color with white, choose rich hues that will keep you feeling warm.
- Duvet cover set (Overstock, $50-$70)
- Damask rug (Target, $170-$340)
- Damask pillow (Bellacor, $22)
- Gold scroll pillow (Etsy, $49)
Stripes and chevron
Stripes and chevron are a powerful pairing in the home that strike up so much visual excitement. Both patterns demonstrate a ton of movement that could turn the dullest of homes into something wonderful.
- Chevron curtain (World Market, $20)
- Stripe rug (Target, $127-$255)
- Chevron ikat pillow (Etsy, $65)
More in decorating
Take your home decor from fall to winter
Expert tips for a stylish space
Steal the look: Autumn decor edition
Leave a Comment