Plaid is a pattern that’s synonymous with colder weather. Perhaps it’s the symmetrical patterns that make us feel so cozy inside, or perhaps the accompaniment of flannel to keep things heated? Regardless, a winter abode must have some elements of plaid in it.
- Duvet cover set (H&M, $35)
- Flannel sheet set (Target, $25)
- Heated plaid throw (Amazon, $149)
- Candle (H&M, $5)
- Fir votive candle (Amazon, $13)
There’s often no getting around the fact that winter is the season of the year that sometimes brings below-freezing temps, harsh winds and snowfall. While we are unable to skip much of the bad weather, there is great beauty outdoors as things begin to freeze. Create an ice palace in your bedroom by using all-white and ice-inspired decorative items.
- Comforter and shams (West Elm, $29-$189)
- Garland (Hayneedle, $80)
- Candleholder (CB2, $15)
- Faux fur pillow (Pier 1, $30)
- Vase (Ikea, $20)
One of the easiest ways to ready your bedroom for winter while adding some style is to use a candle or two. Candles offer an amazing illumination that evokes warmth from day to evening that coordinates with your existing design palette. With so many options to choose from, you could completely transform your personal space into the perfect getaway. Do have fun mixing and matching sizes along with different candleholder options.
- Fig and jasmine candle (Etsy, $16 each)
- Cork candles (Napa Style, $12-$39)
- Berries LED candle (Target, $22)
- Winter candle (Restoration Hardware, $49)
Taking us from fall to winter is the beautiful color of cider. To achieve this look, opt for furnishings and decor that have toasty hues in brown and dark orange. Leather and wood elements make for great accents against these warm tones.
- Table lamp (West Elm, $129)
- Orange pillow (Crate & Barrel, $30)
- Votive holder (Pier 1, $5)
- Leather tray (Mark & Graham, $99-$149)
There is something classic about a red and white pairing that looks so gorgeous during the winter months. Introduce scarlet into your bedroom with deep red hues that can be too captivating for words. Use it as a table decoration, in your textiles or wherever else you need to make a strong design statement.
- Fleece blanket (Bed, Bath & Beyond, $20-$40)
- Knit cushion cover (H&M, $25)
- Basket (Home Decorators Collection, $44)
- Frame (Ikea, $2)
- Curtains (World Market, $35-$50)