Even though he’s your best friend, he’s a best friend that needs to be cared for. But are you doing it right?
OK, you’ve brought your new dog home, now how do you take care of him? Learn what you need to do to be the best owner and caregiver for your pooch by reading the following on safety, grooming, playtime and traveling and become the best dog mama you can be.
It’s your job to keep him from harm’s way. Help keep him safe with the following advice:
- 12 Ways to protect yourself against pet theft
- 4 Things to look for in a dog walker
- 10 Ways to keep your dog safe while camping
- How to keep your dog safe from the heat
Learn what you need to keep your pup’s coat shiny and new by reading the below:
- How to clip your dog’s nails safely
- Bath time: Dog shampoos that make the grade
- Dog grooming must-haves
It’s your pup’s favorite place to visit, so learn about where the best parks are around the U.S. and what to be cautious of at the dog park.
- Top dog parks around the country
- What to know when visiting the dog park
- Beyond the dog park: Let Fido roam
- Unspoken dog park rules
Take your best friend on the road with these helpful tips for traveling with your dog:
- Ways to ease your dog’s car anxiety
- Tips for calming your hyperactive dog
- 8 Ways to calm your pet while traveling
- 12 Items to pack for your dog when traveling
Even indoor dogs love to venture out and play. Keep him looking cute and enjoying himself with fun activities and accessories:
- 5 Outdoor games beyond Frisbee or fetch
- The perfect gear for your outdoor adventures
- The best dog accessories for water activities
- Top 10 dog beaches around the U.S.
- Tips for taking your dog camping
- Top 10 water toys for pups
Since they can’t tell us, we all wonder what our pets are thinking. Learn about how you can hone in on his thoughts and feelings without your pup saying a word.
- 10 Facts about puppies you should know
- Pet stress: Ways to help your dog relax
- 5 Ways to determine the best care for your dog
- Expert tips for apartment life with a dog
- 7 Home remedies for your dog
- Helping your dog grieve