It’s the start of the party season, so get ready to shimmer and shine with this DIY simple shimmer body lotion. It’s an easy project, and it will definitely deliver some shine!
Warm up the winter months with this DIY simple shimmer body lotion! You’ll need a shimmering eyeshadow and your favorite lightweight body lotion. Mix the two and store it in a decorated bottle. If you have a warm skin tone, use a more golden eyeshadow color. Those with cooler tones should stick to pink shadows.
Shine at night
This DIY simple shimmer body lotion is subtle and perfect for a night out. You won’t look like someone dumped fairy dust on you, nor will you leave behind a trace of glitter on everything you touch. This is perfect for party season!
Let loose and shine
Loose shadows are best for this project, but you could use pressed shadows, too. If you’re using a pressed shadow, simply use the tip of a butter knife to break it out of the container and into a sealable plastic bag. Once in the bag, seal it and use your fingers to break the powder apart so it’s as loose as possible.
Pretty inside and out
We used washi tape to decorate our plastic pump bottle, but you can get creative and use what you have on hand. You could also buy a decorative lotion bottle if you’d like. Make sure to have a mixing bowl, spatula, whisk and funnel on hand for this project.
DIY simple shimmer body lotion
- 0.24 ounces shimmering eyeshadow (either golden or pink based on your skin tone)
- 8 ounces of your favorite body lotion, either in a pump bottle that you’ll decorate (recycle your empty pump bottles for this project), or a wide-mouth jar with a lid
- Empty your bottle of lotion into a mixing bowl and sprinkle in the shimmering eyeshadow.
- Use a whisk to mix together the lotion and the shadow.
- If you’re using a pump bottle, use the funnel to carefully transfer the mixture, a little at a time, from the mixing bowl (with a spatula) to the bottle. (If you’re using a wide-mouth jar with a lid, simply transfer the lotion from the bowl.)
- Allow the lotion to drip into the bottle. To help move things along, securely hold the funnel and bottle in place, and gently tap the bottom of the bottle on a flat surface.
- Decorate your bottle if you’d like.