It’s that time of year when dry skin creeps up on us. Nip it in the bud with this seasonal DIY cranberry body butter.
Start the season right with silky, moisturized skin! This DIY cranberry body butter is a treat for the season and will keep your skin soft and smooth. The cranberries in this body butter are a great way to help you indulge in the season without added calories! This makes a perfect gift, too.
This recipe makes a very small batch, and you should keep it refrigerated when you’re not using it. Stored this way, it should last in a container with a lid for about a week. The body butter will harden in the fridge (just like real butter). Use a small spoon to scrape a bit out of the container and easily smooth over your skin.
Cranberries fight free radicals, and they also help keep your skin moisturized. What a perfect match with the coconut oil and shea butter. Plus, this body butter has a pretty pink tint. If you’d like, add a drop of orange essential oil to make this a treat for the season.
Before applying the lotion to your body, first test it on your inner arm, where you skin is more sensitive, to help ensure you can tolerate the ingredients.
DIY cranberry body butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 1 tablespoon frozen cranberries
- 1 drop orange essential oil, optional
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil and shea butter. Using a mixer, mix the ingredients for five to eight minutes.
- Add the cranberries to a small food processor and pulse until they become small pieces.
- Add the cranberries to the coconut oil mixture. Place the mixture in a fine mesh sieve and press it through with a spatula to a clean bowl. This will keep the pieces of cranberries out of the butter.
- Add the essential oil, if you’re using it, and mix it with a spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to a small container with a lid and keep refrigerated for up to one week.