We have a total crush on Adrienne Bailon’s chic ‘do. Find out why in this week’s installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Hello glamorous! Adrienne Bailon demanded attention with these Old Hollywood curls on the red carpet recently, and her ‘do is giving me some inspiration for upcoming holiday parties (hey, it’s not that far away!). I asked celebrity hairstylist Chaz Dean how to best recreate Adrienne’s look at home. Here are his tips!
Chaz says: “I loved the style! Her hair color needs to be deepened and a little richer to give her a softer look, but overall, she pulled off this style very well!”
Get the look
- After cleansing your hair, apply the WEN Styling Creme to soaking wet hair as an anti-frizz heat protectant.
- Apply the WEN Nourishing Mousse to add body, volume, shine and hold.
- With a blow dryer and nozzle, dry your hair upside down (this will help boost volume for the finished look).
- You will need medium round brushes to achieve this style (minimum of four… for this style, the more the better). You will keep the brushes rolled in your hair. For the first brush around your hairline, roll it in forward to achieve the waved look. The other brushes in the crown will be rolled back, and the brushes on the sides rolled down.
- With L’Oreal Infinium 2 Hairspray, spritz your hair after all brushes are held in. Let your hair cool down for about 20 minutes.
- After your hair is cool, brush through it with a Mason Pearson brush to create shape. (Or you can use a paddle brush and push your hair into shape.)
- After you have achieved your desired shape and style, use WEN Finishing Treatment Creme to add texture, hold and to keep flyaways down. For lasting hold, spray your hair with the L’Oreal Infinium 2 hairspray one more time.