A favorite fragrance of the fall season is definitely apple pie! We’ve combined the great scent of this tasty dessert with a DIY body scrub to keep your skin smooth and soft this season.
Who can resist the smell of an apple pie? This DIY apple pie body scrub is a treat for your body with its festive fragrance, but that’s not all. Apples contain malic acid, which helps to remove dry skin. The oil in this recipe, whether you use coconut oil or olive oil, will help keep you moisturized. You’ll come out of the shower with smooth skin for the fall season.
Before applying the scrub to your body, first test it on your inner arm, where your skin is more sensitive, to help ensure you can tolerate the ingredients. Make sure your arm is slightly wet first.
This scrub may be a bit slippery in the shower or tub due to the oil. Take care not to slip, and rinse any remaining oil from the bottom of your tub or shower when you’re finished. Use a spoon to mix the scrub before using it, and store it in a cool spot with a lid on.
DIY apple pie body scrub
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Mix the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a wide-mouth container with a secure lid.
- Use in the shower or bath, while your body is wet. Scoop up some of the scrub with your fingers or a spoon and gently massage it over your arms, legs and shoulders in a circular motion.
- Rinse well when finished.
Scrub up and smell great!