Reality star NeNe Leakes is as known for her short ‘do as she is her strong personality on shows like the Real Housewives of Atlanta and The New Normal. Want to copy it? We asked her stylist for tips.
NeNe Leakes goes to celebrity stylist Pat Sumpter Davis whenever she needs to update her signature platinum blond cut for media appearances. Leakes never has a hair out of place, so we asked Davis for tips on how to get her style at home.
- Slick your hair straight back with mousse and sit under a warm hair dryer.
- Starting at the nape, smooth the hair with a 1/2-inch flat iron. Be sure to lift at the crown of the head to create volume.
But, be careful with the flat iron on blond strands.
“Blond hair tends to pick up color easily, so make sure flat irons are clean before using them,” Davis said.
- Tease around the crown to create additional lift, then smooth the hair.
- Style with a rake-like comb to create a slightly imperfect finish.
- Add sheen with a shine spray and finish it off with hairspray (like White Sands Infinity Hairspray, $21) to add hold.
What styling tips do you have for short hair? Sound off in the comments below!