At the 2013 Golden Globe Awards, Nicole Richie caught our eye with her beautiful retro waves. Our friends at Suave are letting us in on how they created this vintage look for Nicole, and Nicole is giving us some tips for looking fabulous.
Designer and Fashion Star mentor Nicole Richie rocked the red carpet last Sunday with a little help from the NEW Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion products that add shine just as well as salon brands. This line is perfect for dull, dry winter hair, and it won’t break your budget either. The shampoo and conditioner cost less than $3 and the oil is less than $6!
Get the look
Here’s how Suave Professionals stylist Jenny Cho created Nicole’s red carpet look:
- Wash hair with new Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Shine Shampoo and Conditioner, and then blow dry hair using a large paddle brush.
- Part hair on the side and begin curling with a 1-inch barrel curling iron. Be sure to hold the curling barrel horizontal to the head.
- After curling each section, use bobby pins to hold in place.
- Blast hair all over with a hot dryer for one to two minutes to help set the curls.
- Remove the bobby pins, lightly brush the hair to soften curls and finish with Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Super Hold Hairspray.
- Place one to two drops of the new Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil in palms and rub hands together. Avoiding the roots, gently run hands over the surface of the hair to add a radiant shine.
- Place the Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil in your clutch for touch-ups on the go.
Nicole’s style tips
Nicole also has a few tips that she can always count on to help shine on the carpet — or just a night on the town!
- “Whether I’m on the red carpet, headed to a business meeting or going to an event, I’m always looking for radiant shine and long-lasting conditioning for my hair.”
- “When dressing up, show skin strategically — a little can go a long way.”
- “Identify your top feature and play it up — know your body and what silhouettes work for you.”
- “With both makeup and accessories, focus on one bold item. For example, if I’m doing a deep lip, I’ll leave my eyes more bare, or if I’m doing a statement necklace, I’ll keep the earrings simple or go without.”
- “Determine what colors work best with your hair and skin tone to accentuate your look, but don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone of basic black.”