Wondering how to keep your hair refreshed and hydrated this summer? We share our hair dos and don’ts, so you can have flawless summer locks in minutes.
While the season is filled with barbecues and pool parties, it is also a perfect time to pamper your mane! Who wouldn’t want a perfect ‘do for that summer stroll with your man or an easy style for a night out with your girlfriends?
We catch up with celebrity hairstylist Umberto Savone for his top summer hair dos and don’ts.
“Keeping your hair healthy is the ultimate summer must,” Umberto says. “I recommend using a Collagen Pre-Shampoo Treatment once per week to repair hair from the inside out because your hair will be less likely to frizz.”
DO try the beachy wave.
Get the look:
- Wash hair in the morning, and then apply a conditioning spray.
- Braid hair loosely and secure.
- That evening, take the hair out and shake head a bit, letting your hair fall.
- Add a spritz of shine spray or serum to prevent any flyaways for instantly sexy, beachy waves.
DO rock a ponytail — it helps take hair off your neck to manage the heat!
Get the look:
- Section off the front half of the hair and tease for a little body, and then secure.
- Take the remaining hair and smoothly pull back the sides to meet the secured portion to create a sophisticated and stylish ponytail.
“Whether you are creating a sleek bun, ponytail or braid, try using a conditioning masque or leave-in conditioner as a styling aid,” Umberto says. “This works particularly well when it is humid outside.”
DON’T use wax and pomades.
“If you want to cut down frizzies or make a smooth, sleek look, stick with a styling oil, so you don’t dry out your hair,” Umberto says.
DON’T blow out your hair.
“If your hair tends to frizz, don’t try and do a full, smooth blowout,” he says. “Instead, use a blow dry lotion and use a flat iron to create soft waves by spinning the iron as your release the hair.”