Two pop divas. Two diva hairstyles. We continue Reality Roundup with two of our favorite music show judges, Jennifer Lopez and Christina Aguilera, to show you how to get the hair looks and channel your inner reality star.
These two mega recording artists turned feisty talent judges mesmerize us every week on American Idol and The Voice. When they’re not critiquing musical acts (or arguing with fellow judges), these two stars’ hairstyles definitely give us something to sing about.
Whether you’re looking for straight glam hair or something a little more sultry and curly, we catch up with celebrity hairstylist and founder of Hair Room Service, Michael Duenas, to give you tips on how to achieve the total diva look.
Here are Duenas’ tips for that sexy and straight J. Lo look.
- When blowing your hair straight, make sure to add an oil product, such as Amika’s Obliphica Oil to protect your hair from the heat. (This will also protect your hair from the heat of the flat iron and add sheen and moisture to your hair.)
- Always prep your hair with a holding product before your blow dry because this will make your style last longer.
- When using a flat iron, always use a comb in front of the iron.
- When bringing the iron through your hair, make sure it trails behind the comb to prevent straightening tangles and knots together.
Is something a little more big and voluminous your style? You can easily create the perfect curled look with Duenas’ expert tips below.
- Follow the same procedures as when drying and managing straight hair.
- Use a clip free curler, like Amika’s Deep Purple Tourmaline Clip-Free Curler, to smooth and shine curls that last without tugging, breaking or creasing the hair.
- Always let your curls cool because this will lock in the style and hold the curl all day long.