Vapour was founded with the principles of purity and performance, and those are the company’s main priorities. They claim that their products contain a minimum of 70 percent certified organic ingredients with the remaining 30 percent made of minerals and natural vitamins. Hey, if organic food is better for you, shouldn’t the makeup be too?
From organic plants, minerals and vitamins
Name this product:
Vapour Organic Beauty Mesmerize Eyeliner (vapourbeauty.com, $18)
What the product claims to do:
With its new formula, this eyeliner should glide on like a dream to deliver a smooth, precise line for a perfectly defined eye.
How it worked for me:
Just as it claimed to do, the Vapour product applied smoothly and steadily, without any snags or need for a do over.
How this product looks and feels:
The packaging of this product is surprising, actually. It comes in a larger-than-necessary box and the pencil itself is generic and simplistic. The former makes it feel special, while the latter is indicative of its “organic” message.
What I liked about this product:
The organic part for sure! Mesmerize is gluten free (interesting, since people normally care about gluten as it pertains to what goes in their body, not on it) and also contains a smoothing chamomile flower.
What I would change about this product:
Right now, it only comes in a truffle color, which looks light brown. I’d love to see it in other colors because it blends so easily and you could probably do a lot of fun smoky looks!
Describe the application process, how often you used the product and for how long:
The application was the best part. It went on super smooth and stayed on track above my lid. I applied from the outside in and then met the line from the inside out. Wore it for a few days — loved it! Paired really well with a few neutral eyeshadows I have.
I would recommend this product for:
Because this product is as smooth as it is, I’m not sure I’d recommend it to a woman who gets very oily eyelids throughout the day. Otherwise, this eyeliner would be great for anyone!