Frizzy hair can be difficult to manage in any weather, but dry air can exacerbate the problem. Before you hide under a hat, follow these steps to tame and smooth your out-of-control, frizzy locks in dry weather.
Condition your hair every day
Even if you aren’t washing your hair every day, you need to condition it each day without fail, particularly in dry weather. After conditioning in the shower, rinse your hair with cool water, and follow up with a leave-in condition on towel-dried hair. Infusium 23 is an old standby that yields amazing results on frizzy hair by sealing and smoothing the cuticle. Once a week, use a hot oil treatment to keep your hair shiny and reduce the frizzies.
Skip the blow dryer
Towel dry your hair by blotting it with a thick towel – don’t rub it vigorously. Excessive rubbing can damage your hair and cause it to frizz out even more. If you absolutely don’t have time to let your hair dry naturally, use a diffuser on your blow dryer to reduce any possible heat damage. If you long for straight hair, use a tourmaline or ceramic flat iron to get get silky straight locks for special occasions. However, you should avoid using any heated hair tools every day.
Hair how-to: Flat iron >>
Use hair serum
Many hair serums are designed specifically to combat frizz and revive dry, damaged hair. Citri Shine Anti-Frizz Serum is a high gloss, polishing serum that is enriched with vitamins and a UV protectant. It smooths away frizz, protects hair from the elements and leaves it incredibly shiny. At only five bucks at your local drugstore, you can’t beat it.
Frizzy hair styling tips
- Don’t cut your hair too short. Short, frizzy hair can make you look like a clown.
- Get your hair cut often. A trim every 6 weeks will reduce split ends, frizzies and flyaway hairs.
- Splurge on a Brazilian Blowout treatment. This smoothing treatment doesn’t use harsh chemicals and doesn’t completely straighten frizzy or very curly hair. It does, however, eliminate frizz and soften the hair’s curl pattern.
Hair 911 fast fixes: Frizzy hair >>
More tips on how to manage frizzy hair
- How to manage frizzy hair in wet weather
- How to manage frizzy hair in humid weather
- How to manage frizzy hair in windy weather