We all have those mornings when we sleep through the alarm and have five minutes to get out the door. Does this give us time to put ourselves together and still have a decent hair day? Sure — and better than decent, says celebrity hair stylist Ryan Nickulas, owner of Ryan Darius Salon, who shares some quick ways to do your hair fast.
What’s summer without a few romantic waves?
- Apply Keratin Complex Intense Rx in damp or dry hair.
- Braid your hair into four to six medium braids.
- Run your flatiron over each braid a few times.
- Let it cool for one minute and unravel into waves that will last all day.
This is for you ladies who crave the flowing curls that make perfect circles after you wrap hair around your fingers.
- Part hair in the middle or to either side.
- Take a section of hair (small or large will work) and wrap it around your finger in a circle to create a pin curl.
- Close a flat iron around the curl. (Make sure that you remove your finger from the curl first!)
- Press the iron closed for 15 to 20 seconds to create the perfect curl that even a curling iron can’t achieve.
Carrie Fernow Minchin, Rachael Ray’s personal stylist and a stylist at the Ryan Darius Salon in New York, has a few tips up her sleeve as well:
Sometimes, we just want to get the hair out of our faces. That’s not to say it can’t be sexy!
- Twist hair into a low pony.
- Wrap hair around pony and secure with large hairpins.
- Add a thin headband.
Jen Raheb, stylist at Ryan Darius Salon, thinks we can get a little fancier.
Half up do
If you are attempting to segue from day to night, choose a look that will adapt.
- Blow dry with fingers, creating natural wave.
- Part hair.
- Create three twists: One at part and one at each temple.
- Pull the twists back, gather the hair at the crown, and connect with bobby pins.
Formally focused, without nearly the effort it appears to have taken!
- Divide hair into two sections.
- Make a ponytail at the top of the head and at the nape of neck.
- Take the remaining hair and loosely divide the pony into four to six sections.
- Twist hair and pin the loose twist to the base of the ponytail.
- Add jeweled bobby pins to dress up this style.
An up do how-to
Quick on-the-go up do
Do you ever have those days when you have no time to spend on your hair? How about one minute to spare?
More quick & easy hair advice:
- 10 Quick hair tips for working moms
- Quick tips for healthy hair
- Busy moms: Get fabulous hair in 5 minutes