Whether you work in heels or work out in sneakers, soothe your soles (and toes) with an at-home massaging foot soak.
Not only is this foot soak easy to put together, but it is super for eliminating the stress of the day. Add marbles to a basin (for a nice massage), along with ingredients like Epsom salt, several drops of your favorite essential oil and two vitamin E capsules that you break open, and you’ll soon feel pampered and relaxed!
You can find Epsom salt at most drug stores (along with a plastic basin to soak your feet in). Epsom salt isn’t salt, but a naturally occurring pure mineral compound known for many of its beneficial properties: helping to soothe sore muscles, ease stress and relax the body, reduce pain and swelling from sprains, bruises and more.
DIY massaging foot soak
What you’ll need:
- 1 plastic basin large enough to accommodate both feet
- Large handful of glass marbles
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- Several drops of your favorite pure essential oil
- 2 vitamin E capsules
- Water to fill the basin
- Fill the basin with enough warm (not hot) water to cover your ankles.
- Add in the Epsom salt, swishing with your hand to help dissolve it, along with the essential oil and the liquid from the vitamin E capsules.
- Add the glass marbles to the bottom of the basin.
- Find a comfortable place to sit and relax. Soak your feet, rolling your soles back and forth over the marbles, until the water cools.
- Remove your feet, dry them thoroughly, and follow with your regular moisturizing routine.
Soothe your soles (and toes)!