Like every season, summer has an effect on our interiors and the way we style them. As the hottest time of the year, most of us shy away from heavy colors that will not only weigh down a room, but add unnecessary heat.
So what colors should you use in your bedroom during the summer months that are sizzling without becoming unbearable? Below are examples of some of the hottest color trends for this summer.
Coral is one of those colors that can take you on a mental vacation to the shore. Its soft tones are quite soothing and provide the hint of warmth your bedroom will need to properly reflect the summer season. Use coral in your bedding, textiles and tabletop decor.
- The Beat coral bolster pillow, AphroChic, $160
- Robert Abbey Delta Schiaparelli high table Lamp, Lamps Plus, $167
- Coral Threshold 300 thread count sheets, Target, $14-$22
- Skyline Furniture tufted bench, Wayfair, $275
- Stamped scallop duvet cover, Urban Outfitters, $59-$69
You can never go wrong with nude (cream) in the bedroom during the summer months. It’s a lightweight color that keeps things feeling airy and spacious. Many summer homes along the shore enjoy nude against soft accent colors for that fresh pop of summer.
- Camden tufted bed, Ballard Designs, $699-$1,705
- Hampton cream duvet, Taylor Linens, $449
- Infinite petals canister, Terrain, $16
- Safavieh Dante X-bench cream ottoman, Overstock.com, $206
- Island grid cream rug, 8 x 10, Crate & Barrel, $499
Surprise! If you think grays are solely for the fall season, think again. One hot trend this summer is to go a little dark in your bedroom with charcoal. Charcoal works as a relaxing neutral that will not only anchor your space, but will also give it a mysterious and stately vibe. It’s a wonderful hue to pair with lighter neutrals for a hotel look, and it offers a seamless transition from summer to fall.
- French-Belgian linen sheet set, CB2, $189-$209
- Sefte Paya charcoal alpaca throw blanket, Layla Grayce, $495
- Byrd & Belle charcoal felt storage bin, Room & Board, $229
- Thomaspaul shell charcoal linen pillow, 2Modern, $100
- Perspective box, ZGallerie, $20