She’s starred in some of our favorite blockbusters, but we’re not just fans of Lily Collins’ work. We’re also smitten with her makeup! Join us as we recap four of her recent beauty looks and show you how to recreate them at home.
Get her look
In case you didn’t know, Lily Collins is the next big thing. Just ask Glamour magazine. They recently gave her the title, and we couldn’t agree more. Lily is about to make it big in this summer’s The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones and we’re ready to follow her latest makeup moves closely. In the meantime, we’re recapping four of her hottest beauty looks and getting celeb makeup artist Sonia Kashuk to show us how to recreate these beautiful looks at home. Have fun, ladies!
Fairest of them all
Lily once played Snow White in Mirror Mirror, and she seems to have picked up a few makeup tricks. Big lashes, a red lip and heavy black liner is one of her fave looks. We’re not complaining about it!
- Start by creating flawless skin with concealer and foundation. Remember you do not need to cover the entire face — just spot treat as needed. Try: per-fekt beauty skin perfection gel.
- Brush brows into shape and fill in sparseness with a brow pencil a shade slightly lighter than the color of your natural hairs. Try: Maybelline Define-A-Brow Pencil.
- Dust a soft, plummy bronze shadow over the entire lid. Extend the color along the lower lash line. Try: CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast Shadow Stick in Purple Plum.
- Using your favorite liquid liner, draw a thick line along the upper lash line, ending in a very slight point at the outer corner. Next, using a plummy bronze pencil, tightly line the outer three-quarters of the lower lash line. Our pick: Sonia Kashuk Eye Definer in Plummy Bronze.
- Use the Sonia Kashuk Full Drama Eye Lashes with glue to give your eyes that extra pop. Measure the band to your eye shape and cut down as needed. Apply a thin layer of glue to the band and wait a few seconds until it becomes tacky. Secure as tightly to the lash line as possible and fuse natural with false lashes using an eyelash curler. Finish with a coat of mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
- Apply a soft pink blush in a circular motion to the apples of the cheek, moving backwards toward the hairline. Our pick: Boots No7 Mineral Blusher Soft Pink.
- Finish the look with an opaque berry gloss. Try: Vapour Organic Beauty Elixir Plumping in Bitten.
Up next: Get Lily Collins’ “smoky sister” makeup look >>