She’s starred in some of our favorite blockbusters, but we’re not just fans of Amy Adams’ work. We’re also smitten with her makeup! Join us as we recap four of her recent beauty looks and show you how to recreate them at home.
Makeup profile: Amy Adams
Amy Adams is heating up the box office this summer in Man of Steel, and we’re feeling a bit inspired by her makeup. If you’re anything like us, you’re going to want to start experimenting with these looks at home, so we turned to celebrity makeup artist Amy Strozzi for some easy tips. Strozzi, friends with Amy’s main makeup man Stephen Sollitto, is sharing her step-by-step instructions for achieving Amy’s signature look. Have fun, ladies!
Balance is key when it comes to keeping your makeup beautiful yet subtle. And Amy knows how to make a statement with her beauty looks! Here, at the Independent Film Project’s 22nd Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards at Cipriani, she rocks a dark eye, glowing skin and a pale pink lip for an icy cool effect.
“I love how the gray in this shadow brings out Amy’s eyes. Pairing it with soft pinks keeps it sophisticated yet still modern and youthful,” Strozzi explains.
Get the look
- After you apply your favorite foundation, take time to fill in your brows to frame the face and add that extra “finish” to a strong look. Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in Caramel is perfect for red toned hair, created specifically to achieve a fuller brow look. Start with a sharpened tip, fill in gaps, draw over the natural edges of the brow, making sure to trace all the way to the end of the brow tail. Use the spiral brush at the end to gently brush through the brow afterwards to soften the color and disperse it evenly.
- Apply a matte gray shadow on the upper eyelid only, from the lash line to just below the crease and blend gently to erase any harsh lines. Try the Hourglass Eye Palette, Vol. 6 for the perfect selection of shadow colors, including a beautiful gray as well as five other gorgeous “wear all the time” shades.
- Use a black liner such as Dior Kohl Crayon in Black to line the upper and lower lash line. Begin in the inner corners keeping the liner thin, while getting slightly more dramatic by the outer corners. Use a small brush or Q-tip to lightly smudge the line and keep it soft.
- Top with a great black mascara such as Armani Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara, with an extra coat or two to the top lashes, especially those in the outer corner.
- Use a cream blush like Stila Convertible Color in Sweet Pea (bright pink) starting at the apple of the cheeks and blended upwards with your fingers or a brush to lift the cheeks and keep the look fresh and modern!
- Finish with a sheer nude pink lip like Jouer Lip Sheer in Maui or try a tinted balm like Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom.