Shaped fruit skewers
Entertain your kids while feeding them healthy fruit that is fun to prepare.
Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring! Using small cookie cutters, you can cut your fruit and thread it on a skewer for a healthy treat your kids will love. Fresh apples and pineapple are perfect for cutting into cute shapes.
Makes 4 skewers
- 1 large Fuji apple, sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 2 bananas, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 melon of choice
- 1 can pineapple slices
- Small cookie cutters
- 4 bamboo skewers
- Melon baller
- Use your cookie cutters to cut the pineapple slices and apple slices into fun shapes.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out round balls of melon.
- Add the fruit piece by piece onto the bamboo skewers, in no particular order, being sure to place at least one shaped fruit slice on each kabob.
Feel free to substitute other fruits and berries. Blueberries and grapes are great for adding a little additional color.