Italian pasta salad with pepperoni and cheddar
What's not to love about pepperoni and cheddar in a pasta salad? Try this dish for your next potluck or simple summer dinner.
Pasta salad with pepperoni and cheddar
This simple pasta salad is a hit with kids, particularly because it uses pizza toppings like pepperoni and cheese. It keeps great in the fridge, so make it a day in advance.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 pound pasta of choice (shown: amorini or “corkscrew” pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 pepperoni pieces, sliced
- 6 ounces white cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds discarded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup store-bought Italian vinaigrette dressing
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. When cooked, drain and run under cool water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil. Toss well to coat the pasta.
- To the pasta, add the pepperoni, cheese and bell pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Add half of the Italian vinaigrette and toss to evenly coat the pasta in dressing. Refrigerate the pasta salad for at least an hour and up to a day. Just before serving, add the remaining half of the vinaigrette and stir to combine.