How to make easy glitter heart trees for Valentine's Day
Cheer up your home with some festive decor this Valentine's Day with adorable glitter heart trees you can make yourself. With a few simple supplies, you can whip up these Valentine's Day trees in under an hour.
All you will need to make this cute craft is some sparkle scrapbook paper, a Styrofoam cone, a paper punch and a little glue.
Start by using the paper punch to punch out your heart shapes.
Add a small dab of glue to the pointed end of the paper heart.
Beginning at the bottom of the cone, glue the hearts to the cone with the pointed end facing up. The paper hearts should hang slightly over the bottom edge of the cone.
Keep adding layers of hearts until you reach the top of the cone. Be sure to overlap each layer so that no Styrofoam is showing between the hearts.
As the cone gets narrower, you may need to bend the hearts slightly to make them lay nicely against the cone.
At the very top of the heart tree, bend the pointed end of the paper hearts to cover the flat top of the cone.
Once the glue is dry, your beautiful paper heart trees are ready to be displayed for Valentine's Day.
How to make glitter heart trees
- Glitter scrapbook paper
- Heart-shaped paper punch
- Styrofoam cone
- Use the paper punch to punch out paper heart shapes.
- Put a dab of glue on the pointed end of the heart.
- Glue the hearts upside down beginning at the bottom of the cone.
- Keep adding layers, overlapping each one so that the Styrofoam is completely covered.
- Once you reach the top, bend the bottom of the hearts to cover the flat top of the cone.