Super-easy marbled glass ornaments are a Christmas DIY anyone can handle
All you'll need is some acrylic paint and a few clear glass ornaments to make a beautiful ornament to hang on your tree. Use any colors you like to coordinate with your seasonal decor, or make unique personalized gifts for friends and family.
Gather some glass ornaments, acrylic paint, a cup and some ribbon.
Place 1 of the glass ornaments right side up inside a cup.
Drop several drops of acrylic paint in the bottom of the glass ornament. Use 2 or 3 colors and at least 1 metallic paint color.
Swirl the paint around in the bottom of the ornament so that the paint begins to mix together.
Place the ornament on its side in the cup to let the paint coat the inside of the glass. Rotate the ornament approximately every hour until the inside of the ornament is mostly covered by paint.
Turn the ornament upside down in the glass and let it sit overnight. The colors will marbleize together and any excess paint will drain out into the cup.
Place the cap back on the ornament and tie on a ribbon for hanging.
DIY marbled Christmas ornaments
- Glass ornaments
- Acrylic paint
- Drop several drops of acrylic paint in the bottom of the ornament.
- Swirl the ornament in a circular motion so that the paint begins to mix together in the bottom of the ornament.
- Place the ornament inside a cup. Rotate the ornament every hour until the inside of the ornament is almost completely covered with paint.
- Turn the ornament upside down in the cup and let it sit overnight. In the morning, the paint colors will have marbleized together and the excess paint will have dripped out of the ornament.
- Replace the cap on the ornament and tie a ribbon in the top to hang it.