Do you know what almost everyone has on their wish list? A new bathroom. Do you know what very few people are actually in a place to tackle?
You guessed it. A new bathroom. Luckily for us dreamers there are a few things that you can do to update your space without total demolition. A new wall color perhaps? Or maybe a new faucet? Or how about an extra-fancy new toothbrush holder? Awwwwww yeah.
Let's get started!
Hanging toothbrush holder
- Glass vase (found at Target)
- E6000 (or any type of strong adhesive)
- Brass nail heads (found at Home Depot)
- Scrap leather
1. Start by cutting your scrap leather so that it's 1 inch wide and about 10 inches long.
2. Using the nail heads, attach the leather to one side of the wood board.
3. Place your glass vase and put a small amount of adhesive on the front of it. Stretch the leather as tight as you can across the vase and nail it in place on the other side of the board. Trim excess leather.
4. Place the remainder of the leather on the top center of your board (feel free to jazz it up a little if you want!) Nail it in place.
5. Place a drywall anchor into your wall.
6. Drill the screw directly through the leather into the drywall anchor. This will hold your toothbrush holder nice and tight!
7. Break the post off of one of the nail heads and add a few drops of adhesive inside.
8. Place this over the top of the screw to hide the end, and trim the excess leather.
Ta-da! You now have the fanciest toothbrush holder on the block. Congratulations!
And if you are, in fact, in the mood for total remodelation (I just made that word up but let's go with it), I have about a million do-it-yourself budget room makeovers on Vintage Revivals! Also I am totally making one of these for my vintage camper trailer The Nugget. Don't you think it will be perfect?
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration between Home Depot and SheKnows