Pantone's 2015 Color of the Year is what your home has been missing
2015 is right around the corner and that means it's time for Pantone's color of the year announcement. The new color Pantone selected for 2015 is Marsala. Last year's Radiant Orchid is out and it's time for you to class up your home with the versatile Marsala.
Shop these items!
- Sofa: Maya 2 Seat Sofa (Brabbu Design Forces, price upon request)
- Rug: Andes Marsala Rug (Bella Coastal Decor, $63)
- Pillow: Bubble Dot Accent Pillow (Zazzle, $55)
- Pouf: Red Velvet Flocked Trellis Custom Pouf (Loom Decor, $252)
- Table runner: Handwoven Houndstooth Custom Table Runner (Loom Decor, $66)
- Curtain: Calais Paisley Sheer Scarf Valance (JCPenney, $48)
- Platter: Wood Grain Color Accent Serving Platter (Zazzle, $68)
Named after the wine, Marsala is a pretty color that's rich, sophisticated and stylish. The shade goes well with a variety of other colors and can add a new flair to any room in your house.
Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director at the Pantone Color Institute, said, "Marsala enriches our mind, body and soul, exuding confidence and stability. Marsala is a subtly seductive shade, one that draws us into its embracing warmth."
Eiseman's words are exactly why we love this deep wine shade. Amp up a neutral-toned room with some Marsala pillows or curtains. A dining room table will instantly become new again with some new table clothes and accessories in this classy shade. If you're looking to take things to the next level, give your entire living room a makeover with a Marsala couch. It'll add a whole new twist to your space and you'll be sure to get plenty of compliments. No matter how you incorporate it, this color will add a cozy, inviting feel that's sure to make your house a home.