3 Obvious reasons to decorate your home with fuchsia
Pantone recently released their much anticipated 2014 color of the year: Radiant Orchid. With this color made especially for us ladies, you're bound to find the perfect accent in this colorful roundup.
- Victoire balloon chair (Fabulous & Baroque, $1,675)
- Velvet armchair (Maisons du Monde, $653)
- Kare art deco armchair (Imagine Living, $988)
Every lady needs a chair to feel like a queen — a pristine accent for a girl who lives on her own or a married woman's chair that she can guarantee won't turn into her man's football-watching comfort zone. Set one of these beauties up in your craft room, in the corner of your bedroom for a cozy reading nook or as your own private palace throne in the family room.
- George two-seater sofa (Sofa Workshop, $2,452)
- Monroe sofa (APT2B.com, $988)
- Miss Firefly large sofa (Sofa Workshop, $4,088)
Make a statement in your living room by saying adios to safe neutral and hello to beautiful orchid! Not your average couch color, these lovely pieces will look great with grays, creams and tans. Keep your accents soft for more focus on the furniture and less on the minor details. Coordinate with a like-colored wall print or accent rug.
- Dash & Albert two-tone rope rug, 2 by 3 feet (Sugar & Spice Decor, $95)
- Surya Alameda AMD-1025 rug, 2 by 3 feet (Rugstudio.com, $79)
- Laborg rug, 4 by 6 feet (Ikea, $20)
- Surya Bombay rug, 2 by 3 feet (Wayfair.com, $107)
- Jaipur Uma rug, 2 by 3 feet (PlushRugs.com, $66)
- Safavieh Paradise Purple viscose rug, 5 by 7 feet (Overstock.com, $162)
- Surya Alameda AMD-1003 rug, 2 by 3 feet (Rugstudio.com, $79)
Not only does orchid look amazing on its own, it looks magnificent with other bright colors and fun patterns. An easy and subtle way to add the Pantone color of the year, these rugs will look magnificent in any part of your home. Whether in the bedroom, hallway, office or living room, harmonize your accent rug with a like-colored throw pillow, blanket or candle or an orchid-hued plant. Regardless of what you choose, this accent is one that you won't regret.