When the temperatures drop and we become chilly, one place we can always rely on to keep us toasty is the bedroom. In addition to adding physical layers to the room, here are some affordable bedroom decorating ideas to reflect the season.
There is something quite enchanting about the winter season — magical, even. The weather is cooler and life becomes still. Create a winter wonderland in your bedroom with various hues of blue and white. This is a classic pairing that reinforces the calmness of the season.
- Duvet cover (Target, $49-$76)
- Pouf (Home Decorators Collection, $129)
- Side table (Ikea, $20)
- Snowflake pillow (Pier 1, $30)
- Boucle pillow (CB2, $30)
It’s no secret that life takes a pause during the winter months. If you look outside your window, you may notice the lack of foliage outdoors. Yet even in its absence, there is still something wonderful. Decorate your bedroom with twig and branch accents to follow suit with the season.
- Branch bracket (Terrain, $18)
- Birch candles (World Market, $5-$25)
- Branch hooks (Urban Outfitters, $20 for set)
- Log headrest (Kikkerland, $22)
- Leaf and branch pillow cover (Etsy, $28)
Many of our furry friends will take to their own beds for much-needed sleep. Should we want to follow in their footsteps by nestling ourselves in our bedrooms, we may need some extra layers of warmth. Incorporate (faux) furs and animal skin into your space to make it look and feel toasty.
- Owl bookends (Z Gallerie, $30)
- Faux fur throw (Target, $35)
- Sheepskin rug (Ikea, $30)
- Squirrel hooks (Pure Home, $49 for set)
- Bear throw pillow (Land of Nod, $29)
Outdoor activities like skiing and snowboarding make for quite the popular adventure during the winter months. In fact, many will head to ski resorts for a weekend of indulgence. Should you want to get in on the action, bring the slopes to your boudoir with ski-inspired decorative items.
- Ski hooks (Pottery Barn, $129)
- Ski print (Keep Calm Collection, $12)
- Snowboard shelf (PB Teen, $99)
- Ski lodge pillow (Etsy, $87)
- Snowflake sheet set (Overstock, $35-$47)
‘Tis the season to be festive! The holidays are a top source of inspiration when it comes to decorating during winter. In fact, many people leave up their decorative items for weeks, if not months, to come. Who says that you can’t enjoy a little personal holiday cheer in the comforts of your own bedroom?
- String lights (Crate & Barrel, $10)
- Cardinal and holly pillow (Bellacor, $18)
- Stag bookend set (Target, $15)
- Snow globe (West Elm, $19-$25)
- Holiday candle (Pier 1, $35)
- Snowy wreath (Frontgate, $40-$80)