Home decor accents in the hottest summer hues
The summer season is here and in full effect, which means it’s high time we changed up our interiors to reflect the season. This means putting away those drab colors and embracing hues that make us feel full of life.
When thinking about the home and summery colors, there are some that just get the job done — and others that can turn our interiors into seasonal retreats. If you are still looking for that perfect hue, here are three hot shades for you to try out in your home.
Everyone needs a little citrus in their life, and lime will definitely introduce pizzazz to your palette. It may be in the cool family, but boy, does it pack its own punch. Use it against white for a crisp contrast or together with other fun hues for an electric mix.
- Bright lime stripe rug, Colonial Mills, price varies
- Bungalow 5 Aubrey arm chair, Clayton Gray Home, price varies
- Inhabit lotus pillow, Y Living, $58
- Kosta Boda contrast vase in lime, All Modern, $100
- Lime green chevron pillow cover, East and Nest, $32
Keeping with the citrus trend, one color you can count on to heat things up (in a fun way) during summer is tangerine. Once chosen as a Pantone Color of the Year, tangerine has the excitement of a warm hue without going overboard. Use this color throughout your home to keep things vibrant.
- Natural medallion runner, Couleur Nature, $45
- Dash & Albert fresh American trimaran stripe tangerine pillow, Zinc Door, $48
- Vintage garden table, Urban Home, $99
- Beach house fish print pillow, Mica Blue, $35
- Wood Hello sign, Dime Store Vintage, $25
No summer would ever be complete without a little teal. Teal reminds us of trips to the ocean or those gorgeous, summery blue skies. It's a classic color in its own right that truly reflects the season and will keep your home feeling easy breezy.