Kitchen accents in the hottest summer hues
The kitchen is undeniably one of the most used social areas of the home. If you think about it, it's the epicenter — where we cook, entertain and prepare meals for activities both inside and outside of the home. The summer season offers no break when it comes to this space, but you can make it all the more interesting with color.
Here are some kitchen accent ideas to electrify your space and keep things both exciting and fresh for the season. Use these in your serveware, countertop decoratives and small appliances or wherever else you feel inspired to color.
Yellow may be a traditional color for the kitchen, but lemon gives it that citrus punch it deserves. Introduce lemony hues to your kitchen with textiles and small accents that will create an exciting glow.
- Luxembourg bar cart, Fermob, (price varies)
- Tasaraita coffee cup without handle, Finnish Design Group, ($15)
- My small cake stand, Howkapow, ($24)
- Oblong melamine tray, C. Wonder, ($28)
- Mixed print napkin set, LEIF ($24)
When you think of summer and its heat, you are going to need something cool and refreshing. Mint offers the perfect hue that will keep us feeling relaxed without turning up the heat in the kitchen. This is a wonderful color that pairs well with rich hues, citrus colors and neutrals.
- Mint green Dualit classic 2-slice toaster, Amazon.com, ($251)
- Mint retro galvanized trashcan, World Market, ($20)
- Berry basket in mint, Fishs Eddy ($17)
- Mint green metal canisters, Pier 1 Imports, ($14-$19)
- Retro dishwasher, Big Chill, ($1,695)
As berries are a refreshing edible during the scorching summer months, fuchsia provides the same relief with its cool-tone hues. Take a chance with this purple-pink hue that will make your kitchen accents stand out.
- Fuchsia gingham cotton napkin, My Drap, ($30)
- Kai Pure Komachi 2 fuchsia 8 in. chef's knife, Hayneedle, ($10)
- Ruby chair, Lulu & Georgia, ($286)
- Salad serving set, LEIF, ($35)
- Colored bottles, Dean & Deluca, ($12)