Fun activities for the first day of fall
There's a welcome coolness in the air and apple cider is popping up in every grocery store in town -- it can only mean one thing: the first days of fall are finally here! Here are a few fun fall ways to celebrate the beginning of fall.
Whether you're celebrating the first day of fall because you live in a toasty climate where the cooler temperatures are a much needed break, or you're feeling a little down because cooler fall days mean that even colder winter days (and all that shovel-inducing snow) are just around the corner, never fear. SheKnows is here with a handy guide to the first days of fall and it's full of fun fall recipes, fall crafts, fall activities for kids, fall decorating ideas for the home and more!
Favorite fall recipes
One of our favorite things about fall is embracing all our favorite fall recipes full of seasonal fall vegetables, savory spices and delicious warmth!
- Farmers markets are in full swing so try one of these easy fall farmers market recipes like pancetta crisps with goat cheese and pear - delish!
- Try these tips for healthy fall comfort food or one of these comfort food makeovers
- Nothing says fall like the smells of the baked apples and spices in these apple dessert recipes
- See all our fall recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between
Decorate for fall
If you're anything like us, you can barely wait for the first day of fall to arrive before breaking out the fall home decorations! When you're ready to transition your home decor from bright and summery to rich and autumnal, try these fabulous fall decorating ideas:
- Simple ideas for bringing fall colors indoors
- Fall decorating trends to consider
- Autumn leaf crafts for you or the kids
- Small luxuries that make your home cozy for fall
- Video: Make your own curtains for fall
- Decorate your front porch for fall
Okay, so fall fitness might not be tops on your list since figure-hiding sweaters are just a few degrees away, but look at it this way: Cooler fall temperatures mean you can head back outside and engage in a little fall exercise without exhausting yourself. Try one of these fall fitness ideas:
- Plan a hike at one of the 11 Best places for fall foliage
- Exercises you can do at the park (with or without your kids!)
- If you'd rather stay indoors, try one of these 10 New fall fitness DVDs
- Family fitness ideas for fall
Planning a fall vacation? Check out these five fabulous fall destinations, or one of these other fall getaways:
- 10 Destinations for a fall getaway to celebrate the first day of fall
- Although you'll probably have to wait a bit beyond the official first day of fall, these 11 Best places for fall foliage are worth the wait!
- Top 5 Fall foliage tours in Canada
Fall Fashion & Beauty
- 6 Fall makeup trends & an easy how-to video to create the perfect smoky eye for fall
- 5 Fabulous fall trends -- think color and texture!
- You don't have to kiss summer goodbye just yet, try these 10 Summer beauty and style trends that transition well to fall
- How to find the perfect blazer for fall
- Metallic makeup: Would you wear it?
Whether you're looking for a fun fall craft to entertain your kids or thinking of ways to freshen up your fall decor, SheKnows has tons of fall craft ideas to help you deck your halls for fall.
- Ideas to decorate your stairs for fall
- Try this apple turkey craft after picking apples with your kids
- Free Thanksgiving coloring pages
- No-sew stuffed owls
- Use these instructions for how to make lavender sachets and fill them with something more fall appropriate like dried cloves or ground cinnamon sticks.
We can't forget two of our favorite parts of fall: Halloween and Thanksgiving! SheKnows has tons of recipes, craft, party and decorating ideas for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- Check out our Halloween food and Halloween recipes (including kitty litter cake -- oh yeah, it's sooo gross and yet sooo good!), Halloween costume ideas and Halloween crafts.
- Ideas for Thanksgiving crafts like the Thanksgiving countdown turkey, Thanksgiving decorating, and of course, Thanksgiving recipes.