There’s something so manly about grilling — the fire, the smoke, the char marks. Celebrate the man in your life and plan a fabulous Father’s Day menu that can be prepared completely on the grill. Who knows? He might even offer to help!
Grilled Spicy Lobster Quesadillas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- 2 pounds lobster meat, cooked, shelled, and chopped
- 8, 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 medium green onions, chopped
- Vegetable oil
- Whisk together garlic, green onion, chives, olive oil, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, ketchup, horseradish, mustard, and salt in a large bowl. Add lobster to bowl and toss to coat well. Cover bowl and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, lightly oil the grill rack and preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove lobster from marinate. Arrange 4 tortillas on a flat surface and evenly divide lobster meat among them. Top with cheese and green onions then place remaining tortillas on top.
- Place quesadillas on grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cheese is melted and lobster is warmed through. Remove from grill and let sit for a few minutes before cutting into wedges
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, crushed pineapple, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and scallions in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix egg with ground beef until well combined.
- Add soy sauce mixture with beef mixture and mix with hands until well combined. Shape beef into 4 to 6 patties.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and place buns on grill. Cook 5 to 8 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness. Make sure thermometer reads at least 160 degrees F.
- Remove burgers and place on warmed burger buns. Top with grilled pineapple slices if desired.
Grilled Endive Salad
- 4 heads Belgian endive, split in half
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush each half of endive with about 1/4 tablespoon of olive oil and place cut side down on grill. Let grill 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining olive oil, about 1/2 cup, with vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- When endive is finished, remove and place on a serving platter. Drizzle olive oil mixture over endive and sprinkle with cheese and pecans.
Find more salad recipes on SheKnows>>
- 4 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil
- 4 graham crackers, broken in half
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars, divided in half
- 4 large marshmallows
- Preheat the gril to medium heat.
- For each S’more, top one graham cracker with chocolate, a marshmallow and another graham cracker. Center the S’more on a piece of foil and bring foil sides up, sealing the edges.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes in covered grill.
Grill veggies like a pro
There’s nothing like enjoying the flavor of fresh vegetables whether you grow them yourself or pick them up at the market. One of the best ways to cook vegetables is just to put them on a grill.