Here’s a treat that’s so fun and tasty, it’s scary — and perfect for Halloween.
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup Splenda granular
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup wheat gluten (such as Vital)
1 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Green or brown food coloring
1. Cream butter, Splenda and vanilla.
2. Add a few drops of food coloring, until the mixture looks appropriately disgusting; add gluten and almond flour, 1/4 cup at a time, kneading if necessary.
3. Divide dough into 16 equal pieces; shape each piece into a “finger.”
4. Use a sharp pin or a knife to carve knuckles into each dough finger; bend slightly at the curve. Scoop out a place for “fingernails.” Insert one almond slice into each dough finger yo resemble a
5. Bake at 350 F for eight to 10 minutes, or until done.
Makes 16 cookies.
5.6g carbs, 0.8g fiber, 6.6g protein, 8.9g fat, 15mg cholesterol, 42.6mg sodium, 130 calories