Pretzel Spider Webs for Halloween
Here's an exciting (and delicious!) Halloween treat that is safe for children who wear braces.
96 pretzel sticks
1 cup vanilla-flavored chips
1 tablespoon solid shortening
12 raisins or chocolate chips
1. On a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet, arrange pretzel sticks in groups of eight to resemble spokes of a wheel.
2. In a resealable freezer-weight plastic bag, combine vanilla chips and shortening; seal bag. Immerse bag in a bowl of very hot water for 2 to 3 minutes; gently squeeze bag to mix. Repeat process until all chips have melted.
3. Snip a small corner of the bag and squeeze a dime-sized blob in the center of each group of pretzels to bind them together.
4. Press a raisin (or chocolate chip) in center to resemble spider.
5. Pipe thin circles of melted chips over the pretzels to resemble strands of a web.
6. Refrigerate webs for about 15 minutes or until firm. Carefully remove webs from waxed paper.