Halloween Popcorn Balls
Try this popcorn balls recipe that are perfect for a Halloween or autumn party.
Prep time, 10 minutes; makes about 16 popcorn balls
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups bag miniature narshmallows
1 package orange gelatin (3-ounce size)
12 cups popcorn, popped
1 cup candy corn
1. In a large glass bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter together in a microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir well with a buttered spoon, then return to the microwave for about 1 minute more.
2. Stir in the gelatin until well blended. Return to the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds until the mixture is very fluid.
3. Combine the popcorn and candy corn in another bowl, ready for the marshmallow mixture.
4. Add the popcorn and candy corn mixture, and stir to coat all dry ingredients evenly. With greased hands, shape into 16 balls. Wrap each ball in plastic wrap.
5. For a festive touch, tie the top with black ribbon or yarn.
Note: You can use other colors/flavors of gelatin if desired. Orange is a favorite because it's so festive on Halloween.